This guide should work for: RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U/RT-AC3200/RT-AC87U/RT-AC68U/RT-AX88U/RT-AC58U and most other new Asus models.
To set up your modem, simply open a web browser on your computer and type the default gateway address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
A login window will appear. The default username and password are usually admin/admin.
- Once open, select Manual Setting
- The next page allows you to set up Username and Password settings to log in to your router in the future. Please note that these credentials aren’t used for logging into the wifi. Once entered click Next
- Select Wireless router mode and click Next
- Select No on the internet connection type window and click Next
- On the next window - Select "Automatic IP" and tick "Special Requirement from ISP" then click Next
- On the Wifi Setting page you are able to change the Wifi name and password, then click Apply then click complete.
If your router is already setup with wireless name and passwords, or you've completed the above steps and it still doesn't work:
Visit 192.168.1.1 and go to WAN -> Internet Connection and ensure this is set to match the below:
For any settings that relate to VLAN, please disable (For most Asus routers this will be under LAN -> IPTV if your router has this page please set as follows):