Who should I contact for consents?

The process of gaining consents is dependent on your Local Fibre Company (LFC).

For Chorus, consents are gained by a dedicated team at Chorus and you don't need to do anything. However, you can help speed up the process. 

For Enable, Ultrafast Fibre or Northpower, the service desk shall identify and send you the consent forms and you need to contact the necessary individuals to gain consent for your fibre installation. You may require consents from the following people for the LFC to begin fibre installation: 

  • Landlord: Your landlord's consent is required if you live in a leased/rented accommodation.
  • Rights of Way (ROW) or Cross Lease: If your house is accessible via a shared driveway or if your house is on a piece of land which is owned by multiple parties, then consent from your neighbors or individuals who have access to the shared driveway/land. 
  • Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU): If your house is part of a office building, apartment building or some retirement village, then consents are required from the property owner (body corporate, company or individual) before installing fibre. 

You can find more details about the installation and consents process in the links below:


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request