Restarting the router isn’t solving the problem? Perform some basic housekeeping.
- Check your speeds at speedtest.myrepublic.co.nz and choose MyRepublic - Auckland as the e server. Take some screenshots of the results as reference. Also try a different browser such as Microsoft Edge.
- Sometimes a build – up of cache files on your browser can slow down your speed, so please make sure to regularly clear cache on your browser. A step by step guide based on your preferred browser is provided at Refresh Cache Guide.
- In case you have an issue buffering videos, you can clear your DNS by referring to our Flush DNS article.
- Perform the full virus scan on your device.
- Reinstall your browser to get rid of any possible malicious software that may have been attached with your browser.
Still can’t solve the problem…. read further.
If you’re using direct cable from the Router
For best results, double check that the device you’re using uses Gigabit Ethernet ports and the cable is either Category 5e (Cat 5e) or Category 6 (Cat 6). The cable category should be in small print along the length of the cable.
The ideal connection is displayed in the image below:
Here’s a few things you can try:
- Try connecting with other ports on the router.
- Check connection with Cat 6 Ethernet cable with your device. For the best possible test, try checking the Cat 6 cable with a computer.
- Try with different Cat 6 cables from the ONT to the router.
- Change the device you’re using.
- Connect directly with the ONT.
- Change the ONT cable.
If you’re using Wi-Fi
If you're using Wi-Fi, try the solutions recommended in our Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues article. Here are some more.
- Switching to a more powerful router can provide a boost to your wireless signal and speed.
- A wireless repeater can help improve the range of your router by "repeating" the signal it receives from your router over a further distance.
- Check whether your router is running on the latest firmware. Upgrading your router’s firmware can sometimes increase performance and security.
If that doesn’t help improve your speed, please contact us on 0508 MYFIBRE (6934273) so we can try some troubleshooting options.